Position: Epidemiologist / Postdoc
Department: Cancer Epidemiology
Code number: 2019-0100
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Our division studies the causes of cancer in the general population, with a special focus on the role of metabolic risk factors. Using prospective biomarker studies, we are investigating cardio-metabolic factors in relation to common cancers, but also cardiovascular diseases and life expectancy. We are looking for a highly motivated colleague to evaluate data on metabolic biomarkers and chronic diseases risks as well as mortality from our prospective studies, particularly using a case-cohort subset of the EPIC cohort. In addition to advanced statistical modelling (e.g. relative risk analyses, multi-biomarker evaluations, risk stratification models, survival analyses) the incumbent will prepare scientific publications, and will also be involved in the preparation of follow-up grant applications.
- Master and PhD degree in epidemiology or biostatistics (or related discipline)
- Strong statistical evaluation and programming skills with SAS and/or R
- Record of first scientific publications and excellent writing skills (fluency in English)
- Experience in epidemiological studies and methods
- Enthusiasm for epidemiological research in an international team
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 03.05.2019
Prof. Dr. Rudolf Kaaks
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2219
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.