Position: Postdoctoral Scientist
Department: Genomic Epidemiology
Code number: 2019-0105
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
A position for a postdoctoral scientist is immediately available in our research group at the German Cancer Research Center.
Our main interest is to study the role of germline genetic variability in cancer risk and prognosis. Our main projects focus on pancreatic cancer and multiple myeloma.
For both diseases we created and lead international consortia aimed at collecting biological samples and demographic, clinical and epidemiological data of cases and healthy controls. Both the PANcreatic Disease ReseArch (PANDoRA) consortium and the International
Multiple Myeloma rESEarch (IMMEnSE) consortium have become valuable resources for the study of these two relatively rare but deadly diseases. In particular, we participate in genome-wide association studies and lead additional studies on specific genes and genomic regions.
The successful candidate will work on the maintenance of the consortia (management of databases and biobanks), and on the planning and execution of specific studies, including supervision of labwork and data analysis.
Further information is available on our DKFZ webpage (https://www.dkfz.de/en/genomische-epidemiologie).
- Doctoral degree or equivalent in genetics, epidemiology or related disciplines
- Proven experience in genetic epidemiology research, documented by publication record
- Ability to work well in an international team and with external collaborators
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge in statistics and/or bioinformatics is a very desirable asset, as well as experience with laboratory automation and/or the analysis of large-scale data, particularly genome-wide association study
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 1 year with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 30.04.2019
Dr. Federico Canzian
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-1791
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.