Position: Studentische Hilfskraft (m/w/d)
Code number: 2019-0113
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
- Full life-cycle governance of in-house large data sets: from acquisition through structuring and operating management to archiving and long-term deposition
- Upload of the data sets to public databases (such as European Genome-phenome Archive or Gene Expression Omnibus)
- Basic maintenance of the Linux-based computing infrastructure, regular operating system updates, keeping the data shares ordered and clean
- Highly structured, detail-oriented working style
- Solid knowledge of Unix/Linux-based operating systems (CentOS is preferred),
- Experience with distributed file storage (NFS, MS ActiveDirectory/Samba)
- Ability to automate routine data management and maintenance tasks using shell scripting or any other popular scripting language (python, perl, etc)
- Background knowledge in bioinformatics, big data in life sciences, next-generation sequencing and biological data repositories is an advantage
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Access to international research networks
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: zum nächstmöglichen Zeitpunkt
Duration: Die Stelle ist zunächst auf 6 Monate befristet. Eine Verlängerung ist möglich.
Application Deadline: 10.05.2019
Prof. Dr. Christoph Plass
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-3300
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.