Department: Microbiome and Cancer
Code number: 2019-0179
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The lab of Prof. Elinav at Heidelberg, operating within the new Microbiome & Cancer division at the DKFZ, and with close collaboration with Prof. Elinav’s lab at Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel, performs advanced multi-disciplinary research aiming to elucidate the role of the human microbiome in health and a variety of common human multi-factorial disorders. A particular emphasis is put on the mechanistic study of the contribution of the microbiome to cancer development, progression, metastasis, towards development of microbiome-associated cancer interventions, personalized cancer treatment tailoring and microbiome-based patient stratification. We will utilize state-of-the art next generation sequencing, automated sample processing, metabolomics, culturomics, immunology, microbiology, metabolism and computational machine learning and artificial intelligence platforms to mechanistically study the microbiome contribution to these important human diseases, with an aim to harness the knowledge towards application in precision medicine.
As Technician in Prof. Elinav’s lab in Heidelberg you will be leading the lab activities (after receiving proper training) in advanced immunological and metabolic activities, including flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, animal experimentation, metabolic profiling and more.
- Formal education as Technician or similar
- Excellent German and English language skills are a necessity
- Qualification to work with animals needed (FELASA B)
- Dedication, responsibility and motivation
- Prior experience in in the above mentioned topics is a big plus
- Work references from previous employments are an advantage
If possible, please submit your application documents (CV etc.) in English language.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 06.07.2019
Prof. Dr. Eran Elinav
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.