Position: Communications Manager for the ”AI Health Innovation Cluster”
Department: AI Health Innovation Cluster
Code number: 2022-0145
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The newly established “AI Health Innovation Cluster” in the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region combines the excellence and expertise of several renowned research and health institutions to concentrate and excel the existing research potential in modern health sciences. DKFZ, EMBL, the Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Heidelberg University and the University Clinics Heidelberg and Mannheim as well as the Central Institute for Mental Health have joined forces to promote cutting-edge research for AI applications in medicine and health. The main aim of the program is to foster research at the forefront of AI-based research by systematically interlinking biomedical data with excellent AI-approaches for innovative application in the health sector.
To build up the “AI Health Innovation Cluster” we are looking for a communications manager to join our team as soon as possible. In this attractive and challenging position, you would be developing and realizing the general communications and social media strategy, create the content for the website and make sure that the best candidates get attracted to come to the Cluster. Furthermore, you would help in setting up internationally renowned events from the first idea through advertisement and execution to follow-up.
We are thus looking for someone who enjoys working with social media (most importantly Twitter) just like writing press statements, has an interest in science communication, burns for the future of health research and helps us set up the Cluster and make the most out of it.
As part of this lively and dynamic network of excellent partners from versatile backgrounds, your specific responsibilities in the communication coordination of the Cluster would be:
- to function as the main communicator and to be in charge of the conceptual design and implementation of measures
- the organization and communication of events
- to support the reporting of scientific developments
- the lively realization of the website and social media presence
- You have a background in communication, science communication or PR (and preferably a related master's degree).
- You have excellent English and German communication skills, both written and verbal and are able to deliver target group-oriented texts both for press statements and social media.
- You have an integrative personality with great creative drive, assertiveness and excellent networking skills.
- You are highly self-motivated and able to work independently, deliver to deadlines and with a keen eye for detail.
- You are keen to develop a communication strategy and have both the ideas and the realization skills.
- You are enthusiastic about supporting health research for the future.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles as well as against COVID-19 may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 25.05.2022
Dr. Daniela Beyer
Phone +49 (0)174/2699356
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.