Position: Communications Student Assistant for the ”AI Health Innovation Cluster”
Department: AI Health Innovation Cluster
Code number: 2022-0147
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
You like science and social media? Then we are looking for you!
The newly established “AI Health Innovation Cluster” in the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region combines the excellence and expertise of several renowned research and health institutions to concentrate and excel the existing research potential in modern health sciences. DKFZ, EMBL, the Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Heidelberg University and the University Clinics Heidelberg and Mannheim as well as the Central Institute for Mental Health have joined forces to promote cutting-edge research for AI applications in medicine and health.
To build up the “AI Health Innovation Cluster” we are looking for a communications student assistant to join our team as soon as possible. In this attractive and challenging position, you would be helping to develop and realize the social media strategy, create content for the website and make sure that the best candidates get attracted to come to the Cluster.
We are thus looking for someone who enjoys working with social media (most importantly Twitter) and has an interest in science communication.
As part of this lively and dynamic network of excellent partners from versatile backgrounds, your specific responsibilities as student assistant would be:
- to help conceptualize a social media strategy and the respective channels (mostly Twitter)
- the lively realization of the website and social media presence
- the organization and communication of events
- to support the reporting of scientific developments
- You are currently enrolled as a student and have a background in communication, science communication or PR or you are fascinated by the science behind it and enjoy communicating on social media yourself.
- You have excellent English and German communication skills, both written and verbal and are able to deliver target group-oriented texts. Graphic skills would be a plus.
- You have an integrative personality with great creative drive.
- You are highly self-motivated and able to work independently, deliver to deadlines and with a keen eye for detail.
- You are enthusiastic about supporting health research for the future.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Access to international research networks
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles as well as against COVID-19 may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited for one semester with the possibility of prolongation.
Application Deadline: 25.05.2022
Dr. Daniela Beyer
Phone +49 (0)174/2699356
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.