Position: Scientific Coordinator (parental leave replacement)
Department: NCT Dresden
Code number: 2022-0177
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The National Center of Tumor Diseases (NCT) Dresden is a joint institution of the German Cancer Research Center, the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden, the Faculty of Medicine at TU Dresden, and the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR). The NCT with sites in Heidelberg and Dresden is the leading oncological center in Germany and shall be expanded to an international center of excellence regarding point-of-care and individualized cancer medicine.
To support the work processes of the NCT/UCC Dresden in scientific matters, we are looking for a scientific coordinator as a parental leave replacement.
The field of activity includes coordination of scientific and organizational tasks related to the research of the NCT/UCC Dresden:
- Preparation of English and German scientific reports, proposals and publications in close collaboration with the clinical scientists and all scientists on the NCT/UCC Dresden site
- Preparation and follow-up of meetings, preparation of presentations and minutes as well as follow-up of results
- Monitoring and coordination of scientific reviews
- Coordination of scientific calls for proposals at NCT/UCC Dresden and support of the scientific controlling at the site
- Organization and promotion of the interdisciplinary exchange between scientists of different research areas of the NCT/UCC as well as of the partnering institutions, clinical scientists and coordinators at other sites
- Close cooperation with the central coordination office of the NCT at the DKFZ
- Handling of correspondence and inquiries
- Independent and systematic literature research and review of topics
- Scientific support of the local Patient Council
- Completed university studies in (bio-)medical or natural sciences and doctorate
- Experience in the areas of scientific project management, proposal writing, review procedures and reporting, ideally in the field of cancer research
- Very good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
- Confident oral and written expression skills
- Structured and independent way of working and organizational talent
- High flexibility and willingness to perform
- Friendly appearance and manners, outstanding social and excellent communication skills
- Very good PC and MS Office skills
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles as well as against COVID-19 may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.08.2022
Duration: The position is initially limited until 30.11.2023.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 02.07.2022
Phone +49 351/458-13372
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.