Position: IT Security Specialist
Department: German Human Genome-Phenome Archive (GHGA)
Code number: 2022-0273
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The German Cancer Research Center is seeking for the infrastructure initiative German Human Genome-Phenome Archive an IT security specialist. The German Human Genome-Phenome Archive (GHGA, www.ghga.de) is part of the national program for research data infrastructures (NFDI). GHGA will act as a national node within the federated European Genome-Phenome Archive. This infrastructure will support genomics data hubs with software tools for secure data/metadata storage, interactive data portals with data visualization, and streamlined data deposition and acquisition solutions. The GHGA main office, which is coordinated by Prof. Oliver Stegle (Division of Computational Genomics and Systems Genetics), is located at DKFZ in close coordination with the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL).
In order to develop the GHGA platform into a state-of-the-art infrastructure for the secure exchange of genome data, we are looking for an IT security specialist.
We are looking for a team member with substantial experience and/or interest in information security and risk governance. Your role will be instrumental in technical and organizational decisions making for GHGA, supported by expert opinions, tools, and policies, and prepare GHGA for compliance with modern standards. The successful candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary research, development, and data management team to develop and apply a diverse range of state-of-the-art technologies.
As a recently launched project, GHGA offers its employees room to shape the infrastructure development from the start. Your input on IT security and governance will help GHGA reach its mission to make omics data in Germany more accessible and help drive German genome research forward, nationally and internationally. Your expertise will define standards within Germany and allow Germany to be a strong player within international efforts.
- Implement and maintain a framework for risk and asset management, utilizing modern tools and standards
- Implement and maintain a program for security awareness that works across multiple communication channels
- Regularly monitor risks through 3rd party interactors, such as used infrastructures or sub-contractors
- Provide information security guidance for IT projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls
- Coordinate interaction with external expertise on legal and technical IT security topics
- Take part in national and international organizations such as genomDE, the Global Alliance for Genomics and Health (GA4GH), the European Genome-Phenome Archive (EGA) and ELIXIR shaping future of genomics across borders
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as BSI IT-Grundschutz and ISO 27001
- Previous experience with risk management, information security roles
- Experience with risk mitigation plans, policies, processes and technical measures
- A good understanding of GDPR
- A good understanding of concepts and roles involved in IT infrastructure
- Excellent project management skills
The ideal applicant should have demonstrated the ability to work independently and creatively. The candidate should have excellent communications skills in English and German and be able to articulate the technical needs precisely, set clear goals and work within an interdisciplinary setting, while communicating with other external partners.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles as well as against COVID-19 may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 23.08.2022
Dr. Koray Kirli
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-3473
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.