Position: 2 AI Data Scientists
Department: Medical Image Computing
Code number: 2022-0277
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Working in this highly dynamic and exciting area between AI, medical research, cloud technologies and state-of-the-art software development, we seek two motivated computer scientists or software engineers to join our team.
The selected candidates will work on interdisciplinary and cross-institutional projects, advancing the field of metadata research and application with exciting developments in current research topics in life sciences.
Specific responsibilities would be:
- You develop methods and tools to help make data and machine learning models visible, accessible and usable. Application areas are in medical imaging and other life science research areas.
- You advise on and contribute to domain-specific vocabularies, ontologies, and metadata schemes and support life science researchers in their metadata management and implementation of the FAIR principles.
- You help build a vivid community within the research domain Health in the Helmholtz Association and establish links to national and international consortia and platforms.
- You prepare position papers and publications.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles as well as against COVID-19 may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The positions are initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The positions can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 31.08.2022
Dr. Marco Nolden
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2325
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.