Position: Project Manager Alumni Relations in part-time (50%)
Department: Human Resources Department (Career Service & Alumni Relations)
Code number: 2022-0340
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The DKFZ Career Service & Alumni Relations group in the Human Resources Department supports long-term personal and scientific relationships between current and former DKFZ employees and strives to maintain and expand the exchange of ideas and experiences in an ever-growing global scientific community on an international level.
To support our team, we are looking for a project manager in part-time (19,75 h/week).
- Strategically develop, plan and execute projects for career tracking and Alumni management
- Design, carry out and analyze an in depth Alumni survey
- Perform complex analysis and generate statistically relevant data and reports about career paths and make strategically relevant recommendations based on career outcomes of researchers
- Conceptualize further development of Alumni work at the DKFZ including fully integrated planning, implementation and evaluation of measures for the expansion and maintenance of the Alumni network
- Organize multi-faceted programming for outgoing researchers and Alumni to maintain engagement with and increase goodwill towards the DKFZ
- Conceptualize, plan and organize innovative Alumni events in Heidelberg, Germany and abroad
- Marketing, fundraising and liaising with companies and recruiters
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, for example German and international Researchers Alumni Programs, and represent DKFZ at national and international Alumni management conferences
- Communicate with Alumni on a regular basis and actively reach out to the community via social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) incl. regular evaluation of communication measurements
- Manage Alumni online platform and Alumni CRM system
- University degree (diploma / master's degree) in life sciences, natural sciences or equivalent experience
- High degree of organizational talent and efficiency; very good knowledge and first experience in project management
- Good overview of typical career paths of natural scientists in academic and non-academic environments
- Experience in Alumni or relationship management
- Very high affinity for online media and other software applications is required, experience in the use of databases
- Outstanding communication skills and excellent oral and written proficiency in English and good command of German
- Ability to work well in a (hybrid) team, strong social skills and friendly manner
- Showing creativity and initiative, and think and work responsibly, team-oriented and independently
The position is initially limited to one year and can be a trampoline position for a career in project management.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles as well as against COVID-19 may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially limited to 1 year.
Application Deadline: 30.09.2022
Dr. Barbara Janssens
Phone +49 (0)172-3896294
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.