Position: Postdoc Position in Clinical Bioinformatics for Breast Cancer Precision Oncology
Department: Molecular Genetics
Code number: 2022-0392
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Within a clinical trial (Prof. Dr. Peter Lichter / Prof. Dr. Andreas Schneeweiss) at the National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT) Heidelberg, a joint institution of the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) and University Hospital Heidelberg, we offer a position for a translational bioinformatician. The position will be situated in the Molecular Precision Oncology Program at DKFZ which is positioned in a large campus housing also the University Hospital as well as other University departments and research institutes.
You will work together with experienced translational bioinformaticians and clinicians to analyze whole genome and transcriptome sequencing data of breast cancer patients. Your analysis results in targeted treatment recommendations for breast cancer patients and will improve personalized treatment. Your recommendations will be discussed in weekly tumor boards at the NCT Heidelberg on campus. Furthermore, you are expected to improve already established analysis pipelines and to develop own workflows supporting clinically relevant interpretation of the next-generation sequencing data. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop own research projects in collaboration with the experimental groups within the division.
- Master's degree and PhD in bioinformatics or a related field
- Bioinformatician with experience in the analysis of next generation sequencing data, ideally in a clinical context interpreting actionable mutations
- Knowledge of breast cancer biology and cancer drugs is an advantage
- Good English skills, ideally German skills as well; working languages are German and English
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles as well as against COVID-19 may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest possible start date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 3 years.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 03.12.2022
Dr. Marc Zapatka
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-4584
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.