Position: PhD Candidate for AI-based MRI Acquisition Optimization
Department: Medical Physics in Radiology
Code number: 2022-0420
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
- Signal modelling for optimal experimental design, i.e. optimal choice of MRI sequence parameters for separation of specific tissue properties
- Automated adaptation of MRI protocols (e.g. inclusion or omission of specific sequences, optimization of certain parameters) based on integration of automated lesion and artifact detection algorithms during the MRI acquisition
- Magnetic resonance fingerprinting for simultaneous acquisition of MRI parameters such as T1, T2, diffusion, and kurtosis with optimization based on partially acquired data
- hold a graduate degree (master’s / diploma) in physics, engineering, or a related scientific or technical field,
- possess keen interest in scientific research and be able to work independently,
- have good oral and written communication skills in both German (ideal) and English (mandatory).
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Access to international research networks
- Doctoral student payment including social benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive training and mentoring program through the Helmholtz International Graduate School
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles as well as against COVID-19 may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 3 years.
Application Deadline: 21.12.2022
Prof. Dr. Mark Ladd
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2550
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.