Position: Postdoctoral AI Scientist
Department: Medical Image Computing
Code number: 2022-0431
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Together with university partners at seven renowned partner sites, we have established the German Cancer Consortium (DKTK).
The open position, which is located in the Division of Medical Image Computing at DKFZ, was established to further enable and enhance modern and distributed imaging research within the consortium on the basis of the Joint Imaging Platform (JIP), a strategic initiative to establish a technical infrastructure for medical image computing within the DKTK. We will develop and apply modern machine learning methods in medical image computing and build upon collaborations between the participating clinical sites and multicenter trials. The selected candidate will take over a bridging function between the radiologists network and medical image analysis, run own projects as well as support team members on their analyses.
We are looking for a postdoctoral scientist in the field of AI, who is both keen to work on applied AI and software development as well as the managing of cooperative research projects. As part of a lively and dynamic network of excellent partners from versatile backgrounds, your specific responsibilities would be:
- applying AI in federated clinical scenarios, algorithm development and application together with local and network-wide clinical and technical partners
- site-overarching software development together with the DKFZ team and DKTK developers in context of the Joint Imaging Platform and at the interface to our Kaapana Platform
- managing cooperative research projects and clinical studies, i.e. direct interaction with scientists working with radiologic imaging and other clinical data
- taking over responsibility in the context of project acquisition, support and management, representation of the division in initiatives, supervision of students
We are seeking a highly motivated researcher with
- a PhD in bioinformatics, medical informatics, computational biology or equivalent expertise,
- good programming skills (Python, C++, Java),
- experience in one or more of the following fields: modern cloud technologies (Kubernetes, Containers), medical data science, data analysis, biostatistics, modern software development processes (Agile methods, Git, etc.),
- excellent English communication skills.
Please submit at least a cover letter, CV and degrees and/or transcripts.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles as well as against COVID-19 may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest possible start date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 14.12.2022
Dr. Daniel Walther
Phone +49 6221/42-2370
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.