Position: IT Specialist for Medical Informatics and/or Computer Science
Department: DKTK Munich, Institut für Klinische Chemie und Pathobiochemie, Klinikum rechts der Isar OR Division of Federated Information Systems at DKFZ Heidelberg
Code number: 2022-0461
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Together with university partners at seven renowned partner sites, we have established the German Cancer Consortium (DKTK).
Within the framework of the DKTK-funded project EXLIQUID the German Cancer Research Center is seeking an IT specialist in the field of medical informatics or computer science. The position can be filled either at the partner site of DKTK Munich or in the Division of Federated Information Systems at DKFZ in Heidelberg.
EXLIQUID (Exploiting liquid biopsies to advance cancer precision medicine) is a national consortium that collects and analyzes blood samples (liquid biopsies) from cancer patients treated in a precision oncology program (molecular tumor board) at eight DKTK sites and two additional external sites. The aim of EXLIQUID is to achieve an improved prediction of therapy response or failure as well as to improve the diagnosis and subclassification of different cancers by analyzing cell-free DNA in blood plasma. A federated IT platform (https://dktk.dkfz.de/clinical-platforms) is being extended to support these processes.
As a member of a distributed IT development team of the Clinical Communication Platform (CCP-IT, Prof. Dr. Martin Lablans) you will work closely with the IT teams of the molecular tumor boards as well as with the participating EXLIQUID project partners (clinicians, scientists, study nurses, technical assistants, and IT specialists) at the participating sites.
- Design and implementation of federated data management for biospecimens and personal data as an extension of the Clinical Communication Platform (CCP-IT)
- Integration of data from local liquid biobanks, clinical patient records, and molecular tumor boards of the eight DKTK sites as well as two additional external sites
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) in computer science, medical informatics, or a comparable subject
- Experience with Java, Python, or R
- Experience in the implementation of web-based applications (backend or frontend)
- Experience with container-based deployment (e.g. Docker)
- Experience in the area of HL7 FHIR is desirable
- Very good communication and teamwork skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about interdisciplinary, across site teamwork with state-of-the-art technologies in a national cancer research project
- Very good German and English language skills
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 01.02.2023
Phone +49 (0)89/4400-54627
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.