Are you looking for an excellent opportunity to expand your research experience and to complement your clinical and scientific training?
Apply for one of our two-year CLINICIAN SCIENTIST FELLOWSHIPS at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) and team up with a strong partner to support your translational research ambitions!
The DKFZ in Heidelberg belongs to the leading cancer research centers worldwide and offers exciting opportunities to work in one of over 100 research divisions and groups.
The center commits itself to strengthen the research profile of clinician scientists.
DKFZ CLINICIAN SCIENTIST FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
Strengthen your profile through scientific research, tailored mentoring and training opportunities to gain basic and translational cancer research experience in a world-class scientific setting.
We are seeking highly motivated physicians currently conducting specialized medical training and wishing to enhance their careers. The DKFZ Clinician Scientist Fellowships are characterized by protected research time, comprehensive training offers, and intersectoral mentoring relationships.
Use this unique opportunity to complement your clinical training and to develop your long-term career perspectives as a clinician scientist actively!
Join us to…
- Enjoy protected time for your research
- Complement your clinical and research training
- Receive comprehensive training and tailored mentoring
- Make use of state-of-the-art research facilities and infrastructure
- Be part of our growing international community of clinician scientists
- Extend your network and meet colleagues working in basic and translational research
We are looking for clinical candidates who ...
- show enthusiasm for science and wish to link basic and clinical research
- have obtained a higher medical degree (equivalent to MD or MD-PhD)
- are at an early stage of their career, i.e. are currently working on their specialized medical training (Germany: Facharztweiterbildung)
Prior experience in a cancer-relevant research area is desirable but not a must. Fellowship applications are open for national and international candidates who wish to focus on basic and translational cancer research.
Submit your complete application materials (in English) as one PDF file via our online application portal.
The application document should comprise:
- Curriculum vitae (incl. publication list and documentation of your clinical/research experience)
- One-page motivation letter (incl. statement of your research interests)
- Copy of degree certificates (originals, transcripts and translations if applicable)
- Contact details of two references who are familiar with your work
Further information and eligibility criteria: www.dkfz.de/clinicianscientist
During the submission of your application, you will be asked to indicate your preference for the available fellowship tracks. Please, select “DKFZ Clinician Scientist Program Fellowship” (default) unless you have been in contact with a DKFZ research group and they have specifically asked you to apply for the “DKFZ-PM Toronto Fellowship”.
- Applications need to be submitted in English.
- Candidates are encouraged to contact division heads and group leaders to discuss potential projects before applying.
Supported by the Dieter Morszeck Foundation
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles may work at the DKFZ.
Duration: 2 years
Application Deadline: March 15, 2023
Dr. Mariana Schulte-Sasse
Phone +49 6221/42-1696