Position: Research Associate (Postdoc) in Functional Oncology
Department: DKTK partner site Berlin - Department of Hematology, Oncology and Tumor Immunology at Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Code number: 2023-0300
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Together with university partners at seven renowned partner sites, we have established the German Cancer Consortium (DKTK).
For the DKTK partner site Berlin we are seeking a highly motivated very well trained researcher (postdoc) for translational cancer research. The offered position will be in new laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment and highly innovative methodology on clinically relevant questions in the scientific group of Prof. Ulrich Keller in the Department of Hematology, Oncology and Tumor Immunology at Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin / Campus Benjamin Franklin.
The tasks associated with this position include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, execution and evaluation of translational projects in oncology research (e.g. tumor pathogenesis, mechanisms of tumorigenesis, biomarker-informed therapeutic intervention)
- Application of an extensive spectrum of methods in molecular biology and protein biochemistry
- Use of a broad spectrum of innovative technologies: transcriptome and proteome characterization, in vivo and in vitro screening technologies, CRISPR/Cas9-based activation and inactivation of genes, single-cell technologies including single-cell spatial transcriptomics (in close collaboration with partners at MDC-BIMSB)
- Experience in data analysis and presentation, including advanced knowledge of statistics
- Preparation of scientific publications, participation / presentation of research results at national / international congresses
- Coordination of collaboration with partners (internal / external)
- Supervision of research group members, students and technicians
- Collaboration in the application process for external funding
- Completed degree in natural sciences (M.Sc.) or comparable
- Experimental PhD and previous experience in translational cancer research, strong publication record from PhD or postdoc
- Confident handling of statistical analyses and evaluation programs
- Good analytical skills for complex problems
- Independent, structured and solution-oriented working style
- High degree of self-motivation, ability to work in a team and sense of responsibility
- Very good organizational and communication skills
- Very good knowledge of English (main language in the laboratory)
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- Excellent framework conditions: state-of-the-art equipment and opportunity for international networking at the highest level
- Remuneration according to TV-L incl. occupational pension plan for the public service and capital-forming payments
- 30 days of vacation per year
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of mobile work and part-time work
- Family-friendly working environment, including parent-child room, counseling services, e.g. on Elder Care
- Sustainable travel to work: subsidized Germany job ticket
- Develop your full potential: access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program and DKFZ Career Service with targeted offers for your personal development to further develop your talents
- Our Corporate Health Management Program offers a holistic approach to your well-being
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest possible start date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 27.09.2023
Dr. Anja Hümpel
Phone +49 (0)30/450 564 656
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.