Position: DKTK CORTEX Fellowship for Junior Clinician Scientists
Code number: 2023-0310
The German Cancer Consortium (DKTK) introduces its new internal fellowship scheme: DKTK CORTEX – Cancer Outcomes and Reverse Translation – Educate & Accelerate aims at promoting and training young researchers in data-driven clinical oncology. The training program offers masterclass seminars focusing on data science methodology, advanced statistical methods, and machine learning techniques for federated analyses and real-world cancer data applications. Clinician Scientist Fellows on 50%clinical leave will have access to extensive clinical data resources via the DKTK Clinical Communication Platform (CCP) to work on their individual research projects and will collaborate closely with local postdoctoral experts, forming research tandems that provide tailored scientific and project-specific mentoring to the fellows, and allow for smooth integration into the local projects. Fellows will be invited to participate in activities of the DKTK School of Oncology.
Use this unique opportunity of protected time for research to complement your clinical training and to participate in a comprehensive research and training program in the field of clinical data science.
Please submit your complete application materials (in English) as one PDF file containing the following documents via our online application portal by September 30, 2023:
- Curriculum vitae (incl. publication list and documentation of your research experience)
- Motivation letter and description of proposed project
- Inventory of essential data items, data sources, and biosamples required
- Letters of confirmation (partner site spokesperson, PI, tandem postdoc, please use DKTK forms provided)
- Copy of degree certificates (originals, transcripts and translations if applicable)
Detailed information on application requirements and eligibility criteria can be found on the DKTK Intranet.
- Applications need to be submitted in English.
- Candidates need to discuss with their DKTK principal investigator (and with postdoctoral tandem partner) before application to formulate project ideas.
Duration: The fellowship is limited to 1 year.
Contact: Dr. Fikret Rifatbegovic, phone +49 (0)6221/42-4450
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles may work at the DKFZ.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2023