Position: Medical Informatics Expert
Department: Medical Image Computing
Code number: 2023-0337
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The Division of Medical Image Computing at DKFZ (MIC: https://www.dkfz.de/en/mic/index.php; https://twitter.com/mic_dkfz) pioneers research in machine learning and information processing, with the particular aim of improving cancer patient care by systematic image data analytics. Working in the highly dynamic and exciting area between AI, medical research, cloud technologies, and state-of-the-art software development, we are seeking a motivated computer scientist or software engineer to join our team.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary and vibrant research team that is developing a diverse range of state-of-the-art methodologies and software components for the nationwide Radiological Cooperative Network (RACOON), part of the Network University Medicine (NUM). Within RACOON, the MIC team develops a technical infrastructure together with partners from academia and industry to enable federated AI research in radiology across all university hospitals in Germany.
- Join the software development team of our technology platform for RACOON and collaborate with researchers and physicians all over Germany.
- Shape and create intelligent technologies to improve our distributed and federated platform for medical image analysis.
- Advance the integration of our platform with clinical systems (e.g., PACS, RIS, FHIR) and other medical research software.
- Be involved in the publication and presentation of the project results as well as the planning, coordination, and reporting of tasks.
- Master’s degree in medical informatics or a related scientific discipline (e.g., computer science, mathematics, physics, or statistics)
- Analytical and software development skills accompanied by an interest in data standards from the medical research domain (e.g., DICOM, FHIR, etc.)
- Familiarity with at least one web-based UI-Frameworks like Vue, React, Svelte is of advantage
- Experiences in cloud technologies (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Airflow) are beneficial
- Reliability, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary international team
- Excellent English communication skills, German is beneficial
Interested and qualified applicants should at least submit a cover letter with references, a CV, and degrees and/or transcripts.
- Excellent framework conditions: state-of-the-art equipment and opportunities for international networking at the highest level
- Remuneration according to TV-L incl. occupational pension plan and capital-forming payments
- 30 days of vacation per year
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of mobile work and part-time work
- Family-friendly working environment, e.g. parent-child room, advisory services caring for elderly relatives
- Sustainable travel to work: subsidized Germany job ticket
- Unleash your full potential: targeted offers for your personal development to further develop your talents
- Our Corporate Health Management Program offers a holistic approach to your well-being
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited until 31.12.2024. An extension is possible.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 28.09.2023
Prof. Dr. Klaus Maier-Hein
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2354
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.