Position: Senior Research Associate – Functional Oncology
Department: DKTK partner site Berlin - Department of Hematology, Oncology and Cancer Immunology at Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Code number: 2023-0381
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Together with university partners at seven renowned partner sites, we have established the German Cancer Consortium (DKTK).
For the DKTK partner site Berlin we are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with a strong background in translational cancer research to join our team as soon as possible.
The position is located in the Department of Hematology, Oncology and Cancer Immunology (Director: Prof. Dr. Ulrich Keller) at Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin. The research group has a strong publication track record, e.g., J Clin Invest, Nat Comm, EMBO Mol Med, PNAS, Blood, Cancer Cell. We are funded by the DFG, Deutsche Krebshilfe, BMBF, BIH, and others and are engaged in numerous national and international collaborations and consortia. In addition to our own laboratories at Charité, we have privileged access to Max Delbrück Center facilities.
We strongly support the establishment of your own ideas and new research fields. Moreover, mentoring for your next career step is a top priority. We have proven track record of supporting researches in reaching their professional goals.
The tasks associated with this position include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, execution and evaluation of translational projects in oncology research (e.g. tumor pathogenesis, mechanisms of tumorigenesis, biomarker-informed therapeutic intervention)
- Application of cutting-edge technologies with a strong focus on single-cell omics, including cutting-edge spatial transcriptomics; advanced proteomics, genomics, innovative genetic (e.g. CRISPR/Cas) and pharmacological screening technologies (both in vivo and vitro)
- Development of novel, high impact methods and technologies
- Preparation of scientific publications, participation in and presentation of research results at national and international congresses
- Coordination of collaboration with partners (internal/external)
- Supervision of research group members, students and technicians with extended project responsibility
- Collaboration in the application for external funding; writing and execution of own third party-funded research projects
- Completed degree in natural sciences (M.Sc.) or comparable
- Experimental PhD and previous experience in translational cancer research, strong publication record from PhD or postdoc
- Confident handling of statistical analyses and evaluation programs
- Experience in data analysis and presentation, including knowledge of statistics
- Good analytical skills for complex problems
- Independent, structured and solution-oriented working style and team leading ability
- High degree of self-motivation, ability to work in a team and sense of responsibility
- Very good organizational and communication skills in English; laboratory language is English
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- Excellent framework conditions: state-of-the-art equipment and opportunity for international networking at the highest level
- Remuneration according to TV-L incl. occupational pension plan for the public service and capital-forming payments
- 30 days of vacation per year
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of part-time work
- Family-friendly working environment, including parent-child room, counseling services, e.g. on Elder Care
- Sustainable travel to work: subsidized Germany job ticket
- Develop your full potential: access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program and DKFZ Career Service with targeted offers for your personal development to further develop your talents
- Our Corporate Health Management Program offers a holistic approach to your well-being
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest possible start date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 19.12.2023
Dr. Anja Hümpel
Phone +49 (0)30/450 564 656
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.