Position: Data Steward
Code number: 2023-0414
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
NFDI4Immuno is a DKFZ-led consortium of 15 German research institutions and universities and is part of the National Research Data Infrastructure (Nationale Forschungsdateninfrastruktur, NFDI). Guided by the FAIR principles and in collaboration with our scientific community, we have made it our goal to advance research data management (RDM) in the domain of immunology to a new level by developing, operating and supporting technical and organizational solutions. As a member of a highly motivated team, you will work at the center of these efforts and will have the opportunity to shape this transformative endeavor.
The successful candidate will...
- Curate and manage immunological datasets held in public and private repositories at DKFZ
- Assist and instruct other scientists with regard to FAIR-compliant collection, curation, storage and publication of experimental data
- Contribute to community-led standardization and harmonization efforts for immunological data
- Interact with the development team to improve the functionality of the repository software stack
- Create training materials for self-learning, remote and in-classroom teaching formats
- Conduct courses and trainings for the community
- Master´s degree and PhD in immunology or a related subject
- At least basic experience in some of the following topics and a strong desire to become proficient in all of them: research data management, metadata standards, ontologies, data representation, relational databases, data infrastructures
- Capability to work independently, high level of commitment, team spirit and creativity
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English; German language skills would be desirable
- Experience with community-led standardization processes is a plus
- Excellent framework conditions: state-of-the-art equipment and opportunities for international networking at the highest level
- Remuneration according to TV-L incl. occupational pension plan and capital-forming payments
- 30 days of vacation per year
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of mobile work and part-time work
- Family-friendly working environment, e.g. parent-child room, advisory services caring for elderly relatives
- Sustainable travel to work: subsidized Germany job ticket
- Unleash your full potential: targeted offers for your personal development to further develop your talents
- Our Corporate Health Management Program offers a holistic approach to your well-being
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.01.2024
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 28.12.2023
Dr. Christian Busse
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.