Position: Senior DevOps Engineer
Code number: 2023-0415
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
NFDI4Immuno is a DKFZ-led consortium of 15 German research institutions and universities and is part of the National Research Data Infrastructure (Nationale Forschungsdateninfrastruktur, NFDI). Guided by the FAIR principles and in collaboration with our scientific community, we have made it our goal to advance research data management (RDM) in the domain of immunology to a new level by developing, operating and supporting technical and organizational solutions. As a member of a highly motivated team, you will work at the center of these efforts and will have the opportunity to shape this transformative endeavor.
Your main tasks in this role will be:
- Contribute to the further development of the data repository software with a focus on API access and AAI integration
- Deploy the repository software in a production environment
- Interact with the consortium's data stewards and translate use cases into functionalities
- Coordinate the further development of the repository software with an internationally distributed group of stakeholders
- Assist other partner institutions with their deployments of the repository software
- Successfully completed master's or diploma degree in computer science, software engineering or a comparable qualification
- More than 3 years experience in a comparable role, preferably with the Laravel framework
- Experience in the development and documentation of web APIs
- Experience with identity and access management (IAM) and single sign-on (SSO) solutions
- Experience with Git, ticketing systems, unit tests and CI/CD
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration
- Experience in distributed development of free and open source software products is a plus
- Fluent witten and spoken English language skills, German language skills would be desirable
- Excellent framework conditions: state-of-the-art equipment and opportunities for international networking at the highest level
- Remuneration according to TV-L incl. occupational pension plan and capital-forming payments
- 30 days of vacation per year
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of mobile work and part-time work
- Family-friendly working environment, e.g. parent-child room, advisory services caring for elderly relatives
- Sustainable travel to work: subsidized Germany job ticket
- Unleash your full potential: targeted offers for your personal development to further develop your talents
- Our Corporate Health Management Program offers a holistic approach to your well-being
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.01.2024
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 28.12.2023
Dr. Christian Busse
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.