Position: Senior Full Stack Developer
Code number: 2023-0416
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
NFDI4Immuno is a DKFZ-led consortium of 15 German research institutions and universities and is part of the National Research Data Infrastructure (Nationale Forschungsdateninfrastruktur, NFDI). Guided by the FAIR principles and in collaboration with our scientific community, we have made it our goal to advance research data management (RDM) in the domain of immunology to a new level by developing, operating and supporting technical and organizational solutions. As a member of a highly motivated team, you will work at the center of these efforts and will have the opportunity to shape this transformative endeavor.
Your main tasks in this role will be:
- Develop and maintain back-end services and user interfaces for repositories holding various types of immunological data
- Interact with the consortium's data stewards and translate use cases into functionalities
- Prototyping of DLT-based data management solutions
- Coordinate future technical developments with consortial partners and other NFDI stakeholders
- Contribute to international community-led initiatives focused on the standardization of data sharing and reuse
- Successfully completed master's and diploma degree in computer science, software engineering or a comparable qualification
- More than 3 years experience in a comparable role, preferably with Python and FastAPI or Flask
- Experience in the development and documentation of web APIs
- Experience with relational databases and with object-relational mapping
- Experience with Git, ticketing systems, unit tests and CI/CD
- Experience with distributed ledger technologies (DLT) and frameworks (e.g. Hyperledger) is a plus
- Fluent spoken and written English language skills, German language skills would be desirable
- Excellent framework conditions: state-of-the-art equipment and opportunities for international networking at the highest level
- Remuneration according to TV-L incl. occupational pension plan and capital-forming payments
- 30 days of vacation per year
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of mobile work and part-time work
- Family-friendly working environment, e.g. parent-child room, advisory services caring for elderly relatives
- Sustainable travel to work: subsidized Germany job ticket
- Unleash your full potential: targeted offers for your personal development to further develop your talents
- Our Corporate Health Management Program offers a holistic approach to your well-being
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.01.2024
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 28.12.2023
Dr. Christian Busse
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.