Position: Data Manager for Clinical and Research Data
Department: Systems Biology of Signal Transduction
Code number: 2024-0054
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Bridging from the cellular to the organ scale, the Division “Systems Biology of Signal Transduction” aims at unraveling molecular mechanisms that regulate cell communication and cell decisions. A failure of these control mechanisms contributes to tumor development. Clinical mass spectrometry is combined with mechanism-based mathematical modeling to enable early detection and personalized treatment of cancer. For these developments the transition from chronic liver, lung and kidney diseases towards cancer are studied at multiple levels. The large data sets are exploited to develop digital strategies into real-world applications personalized for the individual patient with the goal to prevent tumor progression and improve quality of life.
To support our dynamic interdisciplinary team in a BMBF-funded project, we are looking for a data manager to start as soon as possible.
- Data management for clinical data, research data and patient sample registration within an instance of openBIS
- Development of solutions for the automatic exchange of patient data (APIs), data integration and organization in compliance with data protection laws
- Writing scripts that filter out relevant information from different data sets and convert it into a uniform format
- Quality assurance and visualization of clinical and research data
- Qualification as an IT specialist in data and process analysis or in application development or as a medical documentalist or a comparable qualification
- Experience in developing web-based applications using common software technologies and data structures in languages such as Python, R or Julia
- Experience with large datasets and biomedical data
- Ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary team
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent framework conditions: state-of-the-art equipment and opportunities for international networking at the highest level
- Remuneration according to TV-L incl. occupational pension plan and capital-forming payments
- 30 days of vacation per year
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of mobile work and part-time work
- Family-friendly working environment, e.g. parent-child room, advisory services caring for elderly relatives
- Sustainable travel to work: subsidized Germany job ticket
- Unleash your full potential: targeted offers for your personal development to further develop your talents
- Our Corporate Health Management Program offers a holistic approach to your well-being
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles may work at the DKFZ.
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially limited to 30.11.2025 with the possibility of prolongation.
Application Deadline: 06.03.2024
Dr. Marcel Schilling
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-4485
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.