Position: Postdoc in TCR Discovery and Charaterization
Department: Helmholtz Institute for Translational Oncology Mainz (HI-TRON Mainz) – A Helmholtz Institute of DKFZ
Code number: 2019-0193
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The new Helmholtz Institute HI-TRON is a collaboration of the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) in Heidelberg and the Research Institute for Translational Oncology (TRON gGmbH) at the University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz. The goal of the partnership is to develop effective immunotherapies and to identify novel biomarkers for assessing the effectiveness of treatment.
We want to expand our team in Mainz with a highly motivated and ambitious scientist in the field of T cell immunotherapy.
- Scientific management of seminal studies to identify neoantigen-specific T cell receptors
- Establishment of innovative and highly sensitive technologies for the isolation and characterization of antigen-reactive T cells
- Coordination of patient sample processing and support of lab organization
- Responsibility for a project team of 4-6 employees
- Development and optimization of robust immunological assays
- Prepare project-relevant documents (SOPs, study and deliverable reports)
- Prepare documents for authority submission
We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious postdoc with a master in the field of molecular biology (or comparable degree) and a Ph.D. to complement our team at the TCR discovery platform:
- Master and PhD degree with 3+ years of experience in the field of T cell immunology and immunotherapy
- Very strong background in flow cytometry, cell sorting and immune cell isolation
- Strong background and hands-on laboratory experience in common immunological T cell assays
- Experience with the isolation, expansion and characterization of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs)
- Experience in the use of robotics and automation is a plus
- Very structured, precise and independent working attitude
- Analytical way of thinking and good problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral skills in English
- Enthusiastic team player with very good communication skills
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: 15.07.2019
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 19.07.2019
Dr. Stefanie Höger
Phone +49 173 1829898
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.