Position: Biological Technical Assistant (BTA)
Department: Molecular Biology of Systemic Radiotherapy
Code number: 2019-0254
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The ideal candidate will join novel independent research group “Molecular Biology of Systemic Radiotherapy” jointly funded by DKFZ and Bayer within their strategic alliance and is expected to support highly innovative projects at the frontiers of interdisciplinary cancer research.
- Performing basic molecular and cellular biological experiments (e.g. gene/protein expression evaluation, cell/enzyme/protein-based assays, WB and IHC analysis) as well as implementing new biological methods and technologies
- Pursuing independently pre-clinical in vitro and in vivo experiments (inclusive cell culture and animal handling, inoculation, injection, dissection) as well as support experiments of other team members
- Performing minor maintenance, calibration and repairs on equipment and instrumentation as well as coordinate outside vendors to perform major maintenance, calibration and repairs
- Being responsible for laboratory organization
- Participating in group meetings and in internal as well as external seminars
- Successfully completed education to Biological Technical Assistant, Biological Laboratory Technician or similar
- Knowledge of safety precautions for handling chemicals and biological materials is required
- Detail oriented, highly organized, efficient and reliable candidate
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Competence to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office is required
- At least intermediate English and German language skills are required
- Previous experience with radioactivity handling is preferred but not a prerequisite
- Accredited course for animal handling is of a significant advantage but not a prerequisite
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: from 04.11.2019
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 06.09.2019
Phone +49 (0) 6221 42 5355
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.