Position: Postdoctoral Scientist in Molecular Biology
Department: Molecular Biology of Systemic Radiotherapy
Code number: 2019-0255
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The ideal candidate will join novel independent research group “Molecular Biology of Systemic Radiotherapy” jointly funded by DKFZ and Bayer within their strategic alliance and is expected to pursue highly innovative projects at the frontiers of interdisciplinary cancer research.
- Planning and execution of scientific projects, including co-supervision of laboratory work
- Performing basic molecular and cellular biological experiments (e.g. gene/protein expression evaluation, cell/enzyme/protein-based assays, WB and IHC analysis) as well as implementing new biological methods and technologies
- Radiolabeling with alpha- and beta-particle-emitting radionuclides, evaluating radiation-induced physicochemical effects as well as radiation-induced immune response while underlying molecular pathways in tumor and its microenvironment
- Pursuing pre-clinical in vitro and in vivo experiments (inclusive cell culture and animal handling, inoculation, injection, dissection)
- Assessing new cancer targets and developing novel theranostic radiopharmaceuticals
- Presenting research projects at scientific meetings and international conferences
- Writing scientific publications and grant applications independently or in collaboration with other researchers
- Co-supervising students and colleagues in the future
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, genomics or related disciplines with strong interest in interdisciplinary cancer research
- Scientist with profound knowledge and proven experience in molecular biology research or related disciplines, documented by publications in internationally acknowledged journals
- Highly motivated, independent and responsible researcher with strong goal-oriented and problem-solving skills as well as with the ability to learn different techniques and develop new concepts
- Scientist with the capability to work in an international team and with external collaborators
- Excellent communication, team-working and interpersonal skills are required
- Upper intermediate English language skills are required
- Previous experience with radioactivity handling is preferred but not a prerequisite
- Accredited course for animal handling is of a significant advantage but not a prerequisite
- Previous experience with supervision of students is of an advantage but not a prerequisite
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: from 04.11.2019
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in prinpile be part-time.
Application deadline: 06.09.2019
Phone +49 (0) 6221 42 5355
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.