Position: Student Aid (40h/month)
Department: Technology Transfer
Code number: 2019-0307
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Interested in learning how technologies make it from the lab bench to the patient? Want to know more about how innovations can be protected and marketed? Are you excited by the opportunities to facilitate links between academia and industry?
The Office of Technology Transfer at DKFZ is looking for an enthusiastic student. It is a great opportunity to learn about invention assessment, intellectual property, marketing, contract negotiations, entrepreneurial aspects and other interdisciplinary themes that will undoubtedly help to gain an edge in subsequent career paths.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and commercially enthusiastic student focussing on desk-based research. You will work closely and help the Technology Transfer Team in fulfilling various tasks such as:
- Prior art searching in support of potential patent applications (identifying publications and/or patents closely related to the proposed "Invention")
- Actively marketing technologies (in particular: technology offer writing)
- Helping identify commercial partners for licensing of innovations
- Database management and other routine office tasks
The job as student aid will entail up to 40 hours per month, fitting around your work commitments. The role will be well suited for students looking to broaden their skills and expertise outside of science.
- An enthusiastic attitude towards technology transfer
- An excellent standard of both written and spoken communications - writing reports, delivering briefings, liasing confidently with senior colleagues
- Strong team player
- Ability to organize own workload and work independently
- Excellent IT skills: Word, Excel, email and the internet
- Highly numerate with good analytical skills
- General knowledge about how the DKFZ works
- A confident, personable and approachable manner
For more information about the Office of Technology Transfer please see https://www.dkfz.de/en/techtrans-alt/index.html
To apply for the post please send a covering letter and CV. Applicants should seek the approval of their supervisor prior to submitting their application for this post.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Access to international research networks
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited until 31.12.2019.
Application Deadline: 28.09.2019
Dr. Ruth Herzog
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2955
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.