Code number: 2019-0309
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The Division of Biostatistics provides statistical support for all scientific duties of the DKFZ. Our field of activity spans from biostatistical consulting and statistical analysis of biomedical data to the development of complex methods for specific scientific questions. The application of new techniques in the rapidly evolving field of biomedical research necessitates research for novel biostatistical methods to enable adequate data analysis.
What we offer:
- A two-year position with the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), where you will join a capable and dedicated team of statisticians engaged in collaborative projects involving clinical and laboratory cancer research in cooperation with a variety of interesting clients, both internal and external.
- A competent and friendly Biostatistics division situated in the northern part of beautiful Heidelberg.
- State-of-the-art statistical support individually tailored to each project. We analyze data ranging from high-dimensional genetic and other molecular origin to in vitro studies and clinical trials. Our team strives to be at the forefront of interdisciplinary research and applied statistics.
- A chance to contribute to the advancement of cancer research.
- The freedom to develop inventive biostatistical approaches emerging from real-life applications.
- Biostatistical support for clinical phase II/III trials, with a specific focus on biomarker- and/or genomic-driven trials studies.
- Development and application of biostatistical analysis strategies.
- Consulting and support for design and conduct of various research projects.
- Development and application of statistical regression models based on high-dimensional input data for the identification of prognostic and predictive biomarkers.
- Master/Diploma/PhD in (bio-)statistics, mathematics or a related discipline
- Sound knowledge within the field of statistics
- Experience with the analysis of clinical or high-dimensional data, in particular with applications in molecular biology, is an advantage
- Solid statistical programming skills, preferably with R
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 24.10.2019
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2390
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.