Position: Bioinformatician (m/w/d)
Department: High-Throughput Sequencing Unit
Code number: 2019-0324
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
For the High-Throughput Sequencing Unit, we are seeking for a Bioinformatician to take care of NGS data quality control and analysis.
The High-Throughput Sequencing Unit is one of the largest sequencing centers in Europe and the only academic site in Germany with a fleet of HiSeq X-Ten, NovaSeq and other Illumina platforms.
The sequencing results and the subsequent bioinformatic interpretation of the data will allow the targeted diagnosis and treatment of cancer patients throughout Germany in the near future.
Your task will be to assist us in this important work by helping to develop and optimize bioinformatic pipelines for quality assurance, data analysis, and R&D projects.
- Successfully completed university degree (preferable with doctorate) in bioinformatics, computational biology, medical computer science or a comparable degree
- Ability to process complex and large data sets
- Experience in handling and analyzing data from the Illumina Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platform using common bioinformatic tools
- Basic knowledge in the field of molecular genetics and biostatistics
- Fluency in German and English
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 26.10.2019
Dr. Angela Schulz
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-3408
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.