Department: DKTK Frankfurt / Georg Speyer Haus
Code number: 2019-0328
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Together with university partners at seven renowned partner sites, we have established the German Cancer Consortium (DKTK).
A BTA/MTA position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Hind Medyouf, an EMBO Young Investigator and ERC grant holder based at the Institute for Tumor Biology and Experimental Therapy, Georg-Speyer-Haus (GSH) in Frankfurt, which is part of the DKTK site Frankfurt/Mainz (DKFZ Heidelberg). The laboratory is primarily focused on exploring the role of the tumor microenvironment in cancer.
The primary responsibility of the successful candidate will be to carry out independent experiments and also assist lab members with various experimental procedures (processing primary patient samples, mouse samples, managing mouse colonies, DNA/RNA isolation, cell culture, etc).
The position also comes with management responsibilities including general laboratory organization and maintenance (ordering, record keeping, regulatory compliance, etc).
The successful candidate will join an international and inspiring research team.
- BTA or equivalent
- FEALASA-B holder or equivalent
- Willing to perform animal work
- Prior experience with flow cytometry and/or cell culture of primary cells will be a plus
- Team spirit and flexibility
- Good German and English communication skills
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: ab 01.12.2019
Duration: The position is limited until 31.10.2021.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 31.10.2019
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-1653
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.