Position: PhD Student: Identification of imaging and molecular biomarkers in rectal carcinoma
Department: DKTK Dresden / Radiation Oncology
Code number: 2018-0319
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Together with university partners at seven renowned partner sites, we have established the German Cancer Consortium (DKTK).
For the partner site of DKTK Dresden the German Cancer Research Center is seeking a PhD Student.
- Identification and validation of novel biomarkers in patients with locally advanced rectal cancer
- Correlation and integration of imaging data with system biological analyses
- Application of a variety of imaging approaches and multi-layer omics analyses
- Application of modern machine-learning and deep-learning algorithms
- Pre-processing of imaging and molecular data
- Master's diploma in bioinformatics, biomedicine, or related fields, passed with excellent final marks
- Excellent programming skills are mandatory
- Knowledge on tumor biology and image analysis is required
- Good communication and team working skills
- Motivation and discipline to carry out research independently
- English is to be spoken and written fluently
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Access to international research networks
- Doctoral student payment including social benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive training and mentoring program through the Helmholtz International Graduate School
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.02.2019
Duration: The position is limited to 3 years.
Application Deadline: 23.01.2019
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.