Position: Group Leader “Digital Cancer Prevention"
Department: Digitale Krebsprävention / Digital Cancer Prevention
Code number: 2019-0336
Within the “National Cancer Prevention Center”, a strategic partnership between German Cancer Aid and German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the following position is available at DKFZ at the earliest possible date
Group Leader “Digital Cancer Prevention”
The German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) and the German Cancer Aid have entered into a long-term strategic partnership to establish the National Cancer Prevention Center as a cutting edge piloting structure providing impactful contributions to reduce the burden of cancer. The National Cancer Prevention Center, in a comprehensive approach, integrates prevention research, education and training, as well as evidence-based policy advice and outreach. Nationwide programs to prevent and control cancer will be pursued with a variety of partners and will also directly address each individual citizen.
We are now looking for a Group Leader in "Digital Cancer Prevention" to develop and implement innovative digital systems to engange society to participate in personalized cancer prevention and early detection measures. A further goal is the development of personalized consulting tools for citizens, which are to be evidence-based, validated and quality-assured. This includes the development and application of machine learning, data analysis and modelling techniques. Furthermore, the collected data should be made available for prevention research.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated and independent data scientist, who is passionated about cutting-edge digital health technologies and wants to maximise the impact we have on cancer prevention in Germany.
- M.Sc. or higher degree in computer science, engineering, biomedical sciences, medicine or a related field
- Experience in state-of-the-art data bases and handling of big data
- Experience in machine learning and statistical inference using large data sets
- Track record in developing data science methods and building successful digital products, e.g. web applications, games, apps or similar
- Knowledge on current digital technology trends, e.g. smart wearables, digital displays, ideally in the context of digital health
- Strategic thinking and excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with german/international data protection requirements
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in German and English
- Self-motivation, productivity and teamwork
- Creativity and critical thinking to challenge ideas are expected
- The ability to work well in a collaborative, cross-functional team
- The ability to build up and manage an interdisciplinary team
You will be offered a group leader position at DKFZ. The group will be established for an initial period of 5 years and funded at an internationally competitive level.
Please submit your CV and cover letter via the online application portal (www.dkfz.de/jobs).
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: zum nächstmöglichen Zeitpunkt / as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 5 years.
Application Deadline: 30.11.2019
Prof. Dr. med. Michael Baumann
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2850
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.