Position: Biostatistician for Clinical Trials
Department: Division of Biostatistics at the DKFZ and the Trials Center of the NCT
Code number: 2019-0374
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The Division of Biostatistics of the German Cancer Research Center Heidelberg together with the Trials Center of the National Center for Tumor Diseases Heidelberg are offering a position of a Biostatistician for Clinical Trials.
The DKFZ Biostatistics Division provides state-of-the-art statistical support individually tailored to each project. Our team strives to be at the forefront of interdisciplinary research and applied statistics. The NCT trial center provides up-to-date support for clinical research in particular in the field of personalized cancer medicine. The NCT Clinical Trials Center provides up-to-date support clinical trials in particular in the field of personalized cancer medicine. Our joint field of activity spans from first in human trials to registry/observational clinical studies. Support of clinical developments of innovative therapeutic approaches originated from DKFZ and DKTK is one of the main focusses of joint activities.
We are looking for a candidate for a two-year position with the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) who will:
- join an innovative and dedicated team of statisticians engaged in collaborative clinical trials at the NCT Heidelberg and DKFZ.
- be part of competent and friendly teams at the NCT Trial Center and the DKFZ Biostatistics Division, both situated in the northern part of beautiful Heidelberg, where we offer our services to a variety of interesting clients.
- contribute to the advancement of cancer research, cooperating with excellent clinical investigators to develop novel oncological treatment strategies.
- have the freedom to develop inventive biostatistical approaches emerging from real-life clinical studies in cooperation with fellow statisticians, clinical trial project- and data managers as well as clinicians.
- Biostatistical support for clinical trials mainly phase I and II, involving all biometric duties in this context, including design of trials and study protocol, data analysis and reporting of results.
- Development and application of novel design and analysis strategies specifically for precision oncology.
- Master/Diploma/PhD in (bio-) statistics, mathematics or a related discipline
- Solid background in statistical methodology
- Experience with the analysis of clinical data is an advantage
- Sound statistical programming skills, preferably with R and SAS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and German
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research
- Enjoying team work, but also capable of working independently
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 20.12.2019
Prof. Dr. Annette Kopp-Schneider
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2391
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.