Position: Epidemiologist / Postdoc
Department: Cancer Epidemiology
Code number: 2019-0404
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The Division of Cancer Epidemiology has positions available for a highly motivated postdoctoral scientist to join an international research team investigating various aspects of gynecologic cancer risk and early detection.
The postdoctoral scientist will work on etiologic studies on breast and gynecologic cancers, together with a strong focus on studies investigating biomarkers for ovarian cancer detection. These studies will be conducted within the EPIC cohort and a newly formed international ovarian cancer early detection consortium. The postdoc will be responsible for data analysis, preparation of scientific publications and reports, presentation of study results, project management, and will also be involved in the preparation of follow-up grant applications.
- PhD degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related discipline
- Training in medicine or biological sciences
- Strong statistical evaluation and programming skills with SAS and/or R
- Record of first author scientific publications and excellent writing skills (fluency in English)
- Experience in epidemiological studies and methods
- Enthusiasm for epidemiological research in an international team
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 08.02.2020
Dr. Renée Turzanski Fortner
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2241
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.