Position: Postdoctoral Fellow
Department: Radiooncology / Radiobiology
Code number: 2020-0051
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with a background in cell and molecular biology who is experienced in state-of-the-art bio-wet-lab techniques plus omics analysis. The successful candidate would work in a highly interdisciplinary field (biology, medicine, physics) and proactive work is expected.
We as the division “Radiooncology / Radiobiology” are working on the translational aspect of integrating radiobiological findings into clinical patient outcome parameters and clinical studies. The advertised postdoc position covers the basic radiobiology part and focuses on the functional and molecular investigation of novel biomarkers in the spatial single cell resolution of micro environmental cellular heterogeneity and its effect on radiation resistance in tumors.
- Academic degree (Ph.D.) in biology, biochemistry or related field
- Published previous work in a peer-reviewed journal
- Ability to independently take responsibility over your project
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Reliability, attention to detail and effective time management
- Excellent written and oral English is essential
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 03.03.2020
Dr. Ina Kurth
Phone +49 6221/42-1665
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.