Department: DKTK München, Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin III, Klinikum rechts der Isar
Code number: 2020-0135
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Together with university partners at seven renowned partner sites, we have established the German Cancer Consortium (DKTK).
At the partner site of DKTK München the German Cancer Research Center is offering a postdoctoral position in the field of immunooncology. The position is based in the group of Translational Immunotherapy at the Klinikum rechts der Isar, TU München (TUM), Munich, Germany.
We are investigating the immunogenicity of tumors focusing on the neoantigen landscape, respective T cell responses and the immune microenvironment in the context of genetic abberations. Such information can be used for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes and the candidate will provide as a core facility to other users. In detail, primary tumor material from patients will be analyzed in an integrated manner including immunprecipitation of MHC peptides and peptide elution, culturing of tumor cell lines, sorting and characterization of tumor infiltrating immune cells followed by functional in vitro. Results will be used to develop a translational therapeutic pipeline for personalized immunotherapies. The position is embedded into a very rich research environment of the TUM involving a diversity of research consortiums. The team is working in a highly interdisciplinary environment together with basic researchers, pathologists and clinician scintists. Access to a state-of-the-art technical infrastructure is given.
- We search a highly motivated person with an educational profile in biomedicine, biology, biochemistry or related fields with preferentially a scientific background in immunology, tumor immunology and/or immunooncology.
- Extended experiences in basic and advanced cellular and molecular biology techniques are required. Applications from candidates with experiences in big data analyses and bioinformatics are especially welcome.
- We are looking for a colleague working independently and improving constantly technical and scientific skills. High accurateness in the experimental work and self-motivation is necessary. Good communication skills and the capability to work in a team are highly relevant. Oral and written fluency of the English language is required.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 15.07.2020
Phone +49 (0)89/4400-54627
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.