Position: Postdoctoral Researcher in Computational Proteomics
Department: Proteomics of Stem Cells and Cancer
Code number: 2020-0163
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Within the framework of a cooperation with EMBL the Division of Proteomics of Stem Cells and Cancer is looking for a postdoctoral researcher in computational proteomics.
„Please note: The employment contract during the first year will formally occur via EMBL. In the second year, a new contract of employment will be concluded with the DKFZ directly. Please note that the terms and conditions of the contract at EMBL differ from those of the DKFZ. Please find further information on employment at EMBL here: https://www.embl.de/jobs/work-at-embl/index.html. “
- Participate in research projects in the area of cell signaling, network biology and biomarker discovery
- Develop novel strategies for the (meta)analysis of mass spectrometric data
- Establish innovative concepts for interactive data visualization
- Participate in collaborations in a multi-disciplinary environment
- PhD in biology, bioinformatics, computer science or a related field
- Advanced programming skills
- Experience in the analysis of omics data, in particular mass spectrometric data
- Solid background in statistical methods
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: experimental design in proteomics, MS-based protein quantification, concepts of cellular signaling, data integration
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration
- Pro-active attitude
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 14.08.2020
Prof. Dr. Jeroen Krijgsveld
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-1720
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.