Position: Postdoctoral Scientist position - Statistician and Epidemiologist
Department: Cancer Epidemiology
Code number: 2020-0229
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position to work on a variety of statistical projects within the Division of Cancer Epidemiology at the German Cancer Research Center. The Division of Cancer Epidemiology conducts studies within several prospective cohorts and cohort consortia in Germany, Europe and the USA, as well as several large-scale prospective screening studies. Main areas of research include the roles of lifestyle and metabolism as determinants of cancer risk, personalized (risk-based) cancer prevention strategies, early cancer detection and screening.
Successful candidates will contribute to ongoing studies as well as the design and analyses of new projects. The main duties of the post include:
- to work on data analyses for projects linking a wide variety of biomarkers to risk of cancer and other chronic diseases, in context of prospective study cohorts
- to develop and evaluate models for cancer risk stratification and diagnosis
- to develop and cross-validate diagnostic biomarker algorithms for early cancer detection
- to prepare papers for refereed journals and other academic outputs
Applicants must have a university degree or equivalent in statistics, epidemiology, or a related field track, preferably with a PhD within the area of biostatistics and/or epidemiology. Experience in the design and analyses of large epidemiological data sets and/or clinical data would be an advantage. The candidates will need to have enthusiasm for disease related research, and excellent working knowledge of statistical, mathematical and database packages - in particular SAS and R.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 3 years.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 14.10.2020
Prof. Dr. Rudolf Kaaks
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2219
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.