Position: Postdoctoral Position in Cancer Immunotherapy (In Vivo Research)
Department: Joint Immunotherapeutics Laboratory
Code number: 2020-0230
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) and Bayer HealthCare are collaborating in research projects on novel cancer therapies and their translation into drug development. One focus of this collaboration is immune-oncology, where the partners run more advanced projects in a Joint Immunotherapeutics Laboratory at DKFZ in Heidelberg. In this joint lab, we are currently offering a postdoc position.
- Establishment of novel models for the thorough evaluation of lead and development candidates with a specific focus on immune modulator
- In vivo pharmacological characterization and detailed mode-of-action analyses supporting the development of novel of cancer therapeutics (both SMOLs and BMOLs)
- Key scientist within a lead identification / lead optimization project responsible for scientific planning, evaluation, interpretation and presentation of experimental in vivo studies
- University degree in biology, biochemistry, or pharmacy with a PhD in the field of oncology or pharmacology
- Proven expertise in the field of tumor immunology supported by a relevant publication
- Very good knowledge and strong hands-on experience in the area of pharmacology; expertise with in vivo tumor models is desirable
- Organizational talent and strong communication skills
- High level of commitment, sense of responsibility, and ability to work in teams
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English; basic knowledge of German is helpful
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 25.09.2020
Prof. Dr. Rienk Offringa
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-3144
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.