Position: IT Data Manager and Engineer in a Trustworthy Federated Data Analysis Environment
Department: Radiooncology / Radiobiology
Code number: 2020-0243
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Data management for the TFDA project (Trustwothy Federated Data Analytics) of the use case (HNprädBio clinical study from DKTK) comprised of:
- Extending the original study setup (centralized) to new TFDA study setup (federated)
- Compliance of technical standard in the clinical trial for TFDA e.g. clinical data conversion from CDISC ODM that currently supported by DKTK-RadPlanBio (RPB) platform
- Methods of data transformation from centralized to federated analysis
- Implementation of pseudonymization / anonymization of multicentric data for federated setup
- Harmonization of heterogeneous data e.g. clinical and assays data (biomolecular)
Software development and system integration for components needed in TFDA; i.a.:
- Interfacing (API) specification and implementation of the connection and integration of RadPlanBio and d:cipher (JIP - DKTK joint imaging platform) within TFDA
- Implementation of components and services needed in TFDA; i.e. for secure federated analysis execution, secure local data connection or use cases specifc analysis containers
- Development of DKTK-RadPlanBio (RPB) extension for TFDA and its inclusion to the next-generation release (RPBx)
Image processing and segmentation:
- Integration of histological image analysis to MALDI Image analysis
- Comparison to medical image analysis methods
The candidate should have finished a master study in computer science, informatics, bioinformatics, natural sciences (physics, mathematics) or any related industrial engineering fields.
The candidate must posses skills in object-oriented computer programming e.g. Java and high interest to use this skills in clinical settings.
Familiarity with cloud technologies is a must.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.11.2020
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 28.10.2020
Dr. Wahyu Wijaya Hadiwikarta
Phone +49 6221/42-1692
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.