Position: Postdoc in the field of Translational Radiation Oncology
Department: DKTK Partnerstandort Berlin - Charité Universitätsmedizin, Klinik für Radioonkologie und Strahlentherapie
Code number: 2020-0260
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Together with university partners at seven renowned partner sites, we have established the German Cancer Consortium (DKTK).
For the partner site of DKTK Berlin the German Cancer Research Center is seeking a postdoc.
Cancer genomic diversity, especially intratumor heterogeneity (ITH), contributes to drug resistance, therapeutic failure, and ultimately lethal outcomes. In head neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC), occurrence of ITH has been reported by our and other groups, and has been linked with poor treatment outcome. In the current project, patient-derived xenografts (PDX) and organoids (PDO) will be used for the analysis of clonal selection processes associated with treatment resistance in HNSCC. Beside targeted NGS and (in selected cases) single-cell DNA/RNA sequencing, we will use optical barcoding for in vitro marking of cells by lentiviral integration of fluorescent proteins, providing a versatile option for both tumor evolutionary and mechanistic studies. Using this approach, clonal dynamics in PDO models in the absence of treatment as well as therapy-driven clonal selection in PDO and PDX models will be studied.
The position is located at Charité Campus Mitte, Department of Radiation Oncology and Radiotherapy (Prof. Dr. Ingeborg Tinhofer-Keilholz).
- Completed doctoral degree in biology, biotechnology or a related field
- Highly motivated and committed scientist with interest in radiation oncology
- Methodological experience in the following areas is essential: primary cell culture, molecular biology, immunofluorescence microscopy, statistics
- Personal organizational skills
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Social and team skills
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Julia Serr, phone +49 30 450 564 656.
If you have any questions regarding the content of the position, please contact Prof. Dr. Ingeborg Tinhofer-Keilholz, phone +49 030 450 527 074.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 30.10.2020
Phone +49 030 450 564 656
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.