Position: Postdoctoral Scientist
Department: Neural Stem Cell Genome Integrity in Brain Development and Diseases
Code number: 2020-0280
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The Wei lab at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to work on a European Research Council-funded project addressing the source of neuronal genomic mosaicism in the brain. The Wei lab studies the genome integrity of neuronal precursor cells. Our missions are to elucidate the source of recurrent genomic alterations that contribute to brain diseases, such as cancer and neuropsychiatric disorder, and explore when and how the neuronal cells diversify their genomes.
Our group utilizes state-of-the-art technologies to understand (1) the molecular mechanism of DNA lesions in the neural stem and progenitor cells, (2) characterizing the landscape of genomic damage in the developing brain, and (3) addressing the fate of neural stem cells under genotoxic stress. Approaches, including high-throughput sequencing, omics data analyses, stem cell culture, mouse models, single-cell transcriptomics, and mathematical modeling, will be applied to this project.
The postdoc researcher will join a collaborative, energized, and collegial group. The postdoctoral recruit will work with the PI closely to develop an independent project in a supportive environment. Key core facilities supporting genomics, proteomics, cytometry, microscopy, and preclinical animal center have been established at the DKFZ to support the diverse research activities within the campus. The center also provides opportunities such as career round table discussion, grant writing training, and other activities to promote advanced career development.
- PhD in cellular and molecular biology, genetics, neuroscience or a related field
- Prior experience in animal model, DNA damage, embryonic neurogenesis or cell-fate mapping are preferred
- A FELASA B or A/C/D certificate is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- An outstanding scientific record
- Ability to develop an independent project within the lab
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: 01.01.2021
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 04.12.2020
Dr. Pei-Chi Wei
Phone +49 6221/42-3251
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.