Position: Data Scientist
Department: B Cell Immunology
Code number: 2019-0004
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
- Plan, coordinate and perform the development of REST API-capable components of a federated database system
- Independent establishment of analysis workflows based on biological questions
- Review and publication of development results
- Master's degree in bioinformatics, informatics, statistics or related subjects
- Advanced programming skills in at least two high-level languages, including R and/or Python
- Working knowledge of relational databases (MariaDB, PostgreSQL)
- Very good command of English (spoken and written)
- Interest in biological systems and questions
- Experience in Linux system administration are an advantage
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 3 years.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 30.01.2019
Dr. Christian Busse
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.