ARE YOU CONSIDERING A CAREER AS A CLINICIAN SCIENTIST?
Apply for a prestigious two-year CLINICIAN SCIENTIST FELLOWSHIP at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)!
The DKFZ in Heidelberg belongs to the leading cancer research centers worldwide and offers exciting opportunities to work in one of over 100 research divisions and groups.
The center commits itself to strengthening the research profile of clinician scientists. Team up with a strong partner to support your translational research ambitions and take advantage of tailored training opportunities to gain basic and translational cancer research experience in a world-class scientific setting.
We are seeking highly motivated physicians who are currently conducting specialized medical training and who wish to enhance their careers. The DKFZ Clinician Scientist Fellowships are characterized by protected research time, comprehensive training offers and intersectoral mentoring relationships.
DKFZ provides an interdisciplinary working environment that builds on scientific exchange and excellence. The center supports you to expand your research experience and to establish your own scientific network. Use this unique opportunity to complement your clinical training and to actively develop your long-term career perspectives as a clinician scientist!
- Join our growing international community of clinician scientists
- Make use of state-of-the-art research facilities and infrastructure
- Maximize your research experience by relying on protected research time
- Profit from dual-mentorship by scientific and clinical mentors
- Participate in comprehensive training opportunities for clinician scientists
- Obtain full support by the DKFZ Clinician Scientist Program
- Extend your network and meet colleagues working in basic and translational research
Submit your complete application materials (in English) as one PDF file via our online application portal.
Deadline: March 15, 2019
The application document should comprise:
- Curriculum vitae (incl. publication list and documentation of your clinical/research experience)
- One-page motivation letter (incl. statement of your research interests)
- Copy of degree certificates (originals, transcripts and translations if applicable)
- Contact details of two references who are familiar with your work
Further information and eligibility criteria: www.dkfz.de/clinicianscientist
- Applications need to be submitted in English.
- Candidates are encouraged to contact division heads and group leaders before application to discuss potential projects.
Duration: 2 years
Application Deadline: 15.03.2019
Dr. Philipp Gebhardt
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-1668