Position: PhD Student on the topic “Biomarker establishment for outcome prediction in thoracic tumors”
Department: DKTK Dresden - Radiation Oncology
Code number: 2020-0288
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Together with university partners at seven renowned partner sites, we have established the German Cancer Consortium (DKTK).
For the partner site of DKTK Dresden the German Cancer Research Center is seeking a PhD student.
- Assessment of biomarkers for outcome prediction (tumor and normal tissues) in non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with photon or proton beam therapy, in the context of a prospective clinical study
- Establishment of novel imaging biomarkers, based on computed tomography (CT) and (functional) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) by correlating imaging data with the radiation treatment plans
- Introduction and evaluation of prospective cardiac and pulmonary function tests
- Transfer of results to other tumor sites, e.g. esophageal cancer
- Master in physics, biomedical engineering, biology, or related fields
- Excellent programming skills
- Strong commitment, motivation and discipline to work independently and efficiently
- Strong team player with the ability to succeed in a dynamic international environment
- Excellent ability to communicate and write in German and English
Applications should include a CV, cover letter, certificates and the expected availability date.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Access to international research networks
- Doctoral student payment including social benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive training and mentoring program through the Helmholtz International Graduate School
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.01.2021
Duration: The position is limited to 3 years.
Application Deadline: 26.11.2020
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.