Position: Postdoctoral Researcher on the topic “Microscopic and macroscopic assessment of the tumor microenvironment”
Department: NCT Dresden
Code number: 2020-0296
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The National Center of Tumor Diseases (NCT) Dresden is a joint institution of the German Cancer Research Center, the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden, the Faculty of Medicine at TU Dresden, and the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR). The NCT with sites in Heidelberg and Dresden is the leading oncological center in Germany and shall be expanded to an international center of excellence regarding point-of-care and individualized cancer medicine.
The German Cancer Research Center is seeking for the partner site Dresden of the National Center of Tumor Diseases a postdoctoral researcher on the topic “Microscopic and macroscopic assessment of the tumor microenvironment”. The project aims at assessing the microscopic tumor environment prior to and during radio(chemo)therapy and at translating findings to macroscopic anatomical and functional imaging.
- Analysis of microscopic images of solid tumor resection specimens regarding tumor environment and extension
- Correlation of microscopic findings with macroscopic medical imaging (i.e., CT, PET, MRI)
- Supervision of students (PhD, MSc, BSc)
- Writing of research grants
- Completed PhD thesis in biology, physics, biomedical engineering or computational sciences
- Profound knowledge of and expertise in immunohistochemical staining and digital imaging analysis
- Profound knowledge of and expertise in analysis of medical imaging (i.e., CT, PET, MRI)
- Excellent programming skills
- Experience in writing scientific publications
- Grant writing experience is of value
- Strong commitment, motivation and discipline to work independently and efficiently
- Strong team player with the ability to succeed in a dynamic international environment
- Excellent ability to communicate and write in English
Applications should include a CV, cover letter, certificates and the expected availability date.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 11.12.2020
Phone +49 351/458-3372
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.