Position: Data Scientist
Department: B Cell Immunology
Code number: 2020-0298
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
- Plan, coordinate and perform the development of REST API-capable components of a federated database system
- Independent establishment of analysis workflows based on biological questions
- Review and publication of development results
The working place is located in Heidelberg. The position is basically suitable for home office.
- Master's degree in bioinformatics, informatics, statistics or related subjects
- Advanced programming skills in at least two high-level languages, including Python and/or R
- Working knowledge of relational databases (MariaDB, PostgreSQL)
- Very good command of English (spoken and written)
- Interest in biological systems and questions
- Experience in Linux system administration is an advantage
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.01.2021
Duration: The position is limited to 18 months.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 03.12.2020
Dr. Christian Busse
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.