Code number: 2020-0315
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The Division of Biostatistics provides state-of-the-art statistical support individually tailored to all scientific duties of the DKFZ. We analyze data ranging from high-dimensional genetic and other molecular origin to in vitro studies and clinical trials. Our team strives to be at the forefront of interdisciplinary research and applied statistics. Our field of activity ranges from biostatistical consulting and statistical analysis of biomedical data to the development of complex methods for specific scientific questions. The application of new techniques in the rapidly evolving field of biomedical research necessitates research for novel biostatistical methods to enable adequate data analysis.
With this job advertisement we provide you:
- A two-year position with the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), where you will join a capable and dedicated team of statisticians engaged in collaborative projects involving clinical and laboratory cancer research in cooperation with a variety of interesting clients, both internal and external.
- The freedom to develop inventive biostatistical approaches emerging from real-life applications.
- The chance to contribute to the advancement of cancer research.
- A competent and friendly team situated in the northern part of beautiful Heidelberg.
- Provide biostatistical consulting and support for groups at the DKFZ in all phases of their projects in cancer research, from the design of studies, to data analysis, to the interpretation and publication of results. Special focus of the position is on the
- analysis of high-dimensional molecular data and clinical phenotypes and/or
- design and analysis of preclinical and clinical studies
- Develop and apply novel biostatistical methods and analysis strategies
- Master/Diploma/PhD in (bio-)statistics, mathematics or a related discipline
- Sound knowledge within the field of statistics
- Solid statistical programming skills, preferably in R
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 12.12.2020
Prof. Dr. Annette Kopp-Schneider
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-2391
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.