Position: Postdoctoral Researcher in the field of Cancer Biology
Department: DKTK Berlin - Charité Universitätsmedizin, Dept. of Hematology, Oncology and Tumor Immunology (CBF)
Code number: 2020-0330
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
Together with university partners at seven renowned partner sites, we have established the German Cancer Consortium (DKTK).
For the partner site of DKTK Berlin, the group of Prof. Ulrich Keller and Prof. Jan Krönke at Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Dept. of Hematology, Oncology and Tumor Immunology (CBF), are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher in the field of cancer biology.
The general research focus of our labs is the role of post-translational regulation of proteins through ubiquitination and sumoylation in the pathogenesis and treatment of hematologic malignancies (lymphoma, multiple myeloma, acute leukemia). We apply comprehensive molecular characterization (DNA, RNA, epigenetics, proteomics) of primary patient samples in conjunction with functional cell-based assays (CRISPR screens, biochemical studies, mouse models).
- Developing and using state-of-the-art/advanced preclinical models (in vivo models, cancer spheroids, cancer organoids, immunoorganoids) for investigation of cancer biology
- Advanced gene editing/screening platforms (CRISPR/Cas9; Piggybac transposons) to decipher cancer biology, in particular the role of crucial oncogenes and tumor suppressors
- Developing a pharmacological testing platform for primary human cancer models
- Investigating mechanistic aspects of cancer biology to develop innovative treatments, in particular in the area of synthetic lethality approaches and post-translational protein modifications
- Developing own research projects within the interests of the research group and the German Cancer Consortium - Berlin site
- Supervision and training of master and PhD students in the groups of Ulrich Keller/Jan Krönke at Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin (Cancer Research)
- PhD/Dr. rer. nat. degree or equivalent, preferably in biology or biochemistry with a strong commitment to life science research
- Strong background and extensive experience in molecular biology methods (Western blot, PCR, RNA analysis, FACS sorting, gene editing technologies), mammalian cell culture and preclinical models, preferably mouse experimentation experience and certification (FELASA)
- Experience in data analysis and presentation
- At least basic experiences with analysis of larger data sets using R-based tools (or similar) would be desirable
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English
- A team-oriented and self-motivated character
Please submit your application with two letters of recommendation/references via our online application portal (www.dkfz.de).
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
Earliest possible start date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: 24.01.2021
Phone +49 030 450 564 656
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.