Position: Research Technician
Department: Soft-Tissue Sarcoma at Hopp Children's Cancer Center (KiTZ)
Code number: 2020-0335
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
An exciting position as a laboratory technician (TA) is available at the pediatric soft-tissue sarcoma laboratory at the Hopp Children’s Cancer center (KiTZ) - a joint institution of the Heidelberg University Hospital and the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ). We are a friendly and motivated laboratory with German and international researchers working to generate new models to help find treatments for children with sarcoma. The candidate’s tasks will comprise maintenance of patient-derived xenografts, assistance in animal and tumor monitoring using non-invasive bioluminescence imaging, drug treatments and support in various molecular biology techniques. The candidate will work together with other members of the laboratory and will be trained in the various tasks.
The ideal candidate should:
- be motivated, responsible and organized.
- have completed training as a biology laboratory assistant or similar.
- feel comfortable with working with mice as an animal model.
- have a fair knowledge of English and German.
- have good communication skills and ability to document work.
Previous experience in mouse work is helpful, but not required. Great importance is given to compliance with animal welfare regulations. The qualification certificate for animal experiment work (FELASA) is advantageous, but not required.
Full applications should include a CV and a letter of recommendation.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 1 year with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 29.01.2021
Dr. Ana Banito
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-1581
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.